Monday, August 15, 2011

Comic Shop Exploration and Project News

Today was a good day for a Monday. Terrible rhyme. That aside. I decided to explore some of the comic shops in the Bay Area. Or the ones that my GPS Nuvi actually led me to. I found Treasure Island Comics over in Newark down the street from Newpark Mall. I was in the area looking for some Wonder Woman action figures and whatever other cool toys. Though much to my surprise the shop was CLOSED!!! On a Monday no less, however their open tomorrow, will probably stop by again and see if the have Titans #1, looking for that particular book.

Actually, what was cool about Newpark mall, aside from the FIVE anchor stores there; Sears, Burlinton Coat Factory, Macys, Target and JCPenney was the two toy shops called Hot Toys and Hot Toys II. Nice little shops that are across from one another, lots of action figures that I haven't seen in many years. Like WWF action figures from the late 90s and early 2000s, before the change to WWE. Still couldn't find my damn Wonder Woman figures....

That aside I also found Black Cat Comics in Milpitas, nice little shop there, not very many toys or back issues, but still a cool little shop in a strip mall type place.

After all that, I went to Lee's Comics over in Mountain View and checked the shop there. I once-in-a-while drop by and look through their trades and try to find hidden or lost gems. But I found my Batman action figure from Batman Incorporated and was able to buy it for $18. Really cool looking Batman figure based off the current suit he's wearing in the book and in Batman: The Dark Knight, I like the suit and like the design of the figure. Now I need to buy the Justice League Classics Batman figure and find another Wonder Woman figure. Pictures to come in the very near future.

Though my two favorite shops will always be Conspiracy in Sunnyvale and Illusive in Santa Clara, always enjoy being at the shops and those are my places where I pick up many of my books.

Finally, on my special personal project news..... The first Beta is done and the person said they thought it was really good. Now just have to wait for the next person and I'll finally unleash my project to all. I've hinted at what it is and about in this post. Can you figure it out?

Enjoy the week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment