Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Opinion and some Project News

Just a quick update on some things. I heard about, saw, and read about Carlos Zambrano of the Cubs and his ejection and ultimately him throwing another tantrum and saying he's retiring. Really?! You pretty much should have done that years ago. It's really sad to see a guy like Big Z, blow up all the time and ruin a career that had so much potential.

He had so much talent and he had great stuff, but for whatever reason, he couldn't focus. He'd pick fights with teammates, Michael Barrett and Derrick Lee come to mind. He'd blame everyone else for his problems and seemed to think he was invincible after causing trouble. It's unfortunate that several managers from Don Baylor, Dusty Baker, Lou Pinella and now Mike Quade could never reach out to him, or at least tried to. Sadly, they had to placate him as well. Probably because of his contract and the fact that when he was on, he could dominate and win, so the headaches and emotional issues he had were probably worth it. Now? It's over for him with the Cubs and maybe he's out of baseball because of his unwillingness to look at himself and realize the how controlling yourself was actually important.

Maybe he's not out of the game for good, but I'm sure it'll be awhile for a team to take a chance with him. Just my thoughts on the guy.

Finally, another good win for the Diamondbacks. While it's only a two game lead in the West, they still have the lead. Will it last? I think so, and I'm sticking with the Dbacks chances.

And last, I've sent my project out for Beta reading. Two people will read it over and help make it as close to perfect as can be. Sorry for all the teasing so far, but it needs to be done. Oh, and if anyone is wondering what it is, look at my blog's background. Hmm? Is that what my project is?

Have a good night and weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment